Startup with Python

Esmail ebonak at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 11 12:08:58 EDT 2009

Strato wrote:
> Hello, I am a beginner in Python , i am not able to set the
> environment variable in windows so that i can execute python script
> through command prompt , and also i am not able to male *.py as
> executable i.e. whenever i double click the file it should run it.
> Please help and reply me at findrazor at gmail.com . Its urgent brother ,
> i will wait for your reply.
> --

Take a look at

http://docs.python.org/using/index.html

especially section 3 talks about how to setup Python on the Windows
platform.

Have you tried specifying the whole path in the command window?
For instance I have version 2.6 installed, so I can type

c:\Python26\python.exe script.py

to get this to work.

Good luck,

Esmail
ps: try renaming the .py extension to .pyw and then double click it
     (should have worked before too - as far as I know this only prevents
      a command window from opening, but it can't hurt trying).