Writing a "Raw" Image to a File (Win, PIL)

W. eWatson notvalid2 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 11 12:57:51 EDT 2009

MRAB wrote:
> W. eWatson wrote:
>> I have an image of described as:
>> Img Info:  {}
>>  size:  (640, 480)
>>  format:  None
>>  mode:  P
>>  palette:  <ImagePalette.ImagePalette instance at 0x02393378>
>>  bands:  ('P',)
>>  type:  <type 'instance'>
>>
>> I'd like to write it to a file. Apparently, I need to convert it to a
>> string first. How do I do that? Pickle?
>
> Have you tried the .tostring() method?
Perfect. Works exactly like I had hoped, 640x480 bytes--nothing more.
Thanks. I had noticed it, but didn't get the connection. Then I wandered
around nearby in the PIL description, and noticed something about decoding
and write. Unknown territory to me. However, if I had followed up there was
a connection between tostring and "raw" decoding.

--
                                W. eWatson

                     Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>