Using Python after a few years of Ruby

Tim Hoffman zutesmog at
Wed Apr 15 09:49:25 CEST 2009

For a rake alternative have a look at aap
It won't be a drop in replacement but, does provide similiar
( i have used to drive delphi, visualstudio, borland c and bunch of
other stuff
build scripts to make a complete windows desktop app) and
automagically build and deploy
60 custom plone sites - in fact all sorts of things.

There are plenty of python web frameworks, some have quite different
what suits you will depend very much on your own bias, interest.