need to start a new project , can python do all that ?

Chris Rebert clp2 at
Wed Apr 15 14:40:31 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 5:22 AM, Deep_Feelings <doctoresam at> wrote:
> I want to start programming a new program (electronic health care
> center) in python and before start learning python i wanna make sure
> that python does have all the features i need to accomplish this
> project so i wanna ask you does python able to support these
> features :
> 1- cross platform (windows + linux)
Yes, Python is cross-platform. Did you glance at ?

> 2- mysql database access

> 3- 2D graphs (curves)

> 4- support of international languages
Yes, it supports Unicode.

> 5- can access a scanner and input pictures from it.
I was unable to locate anything, but some GUI library might have bindings.

> and possibly be able to import data from labratory machines (such as
> CBC machines) to automatically register patient investigations result
> into the system (not mandatory)
Way too vague for me to google for.

I have a blog: