[Python-Dev] PEP 382: Namespace Packages

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Apr 15 13:49:20 EDT 2009

At 09:10 AM 4/15/2009 -0700, Aahz wrote:
>For the benefit of us bystanders, could you summarize your vote at this
>point?  Given the PEP's intended goals, if you do not oppose the PEP, are
>there any changes you think should be made?

I'm +1 on Martin's original version of the PEP, subject to the point
brought up by someone that .pkg should be changed to a different extension.

I'm -1 on all of MAL's proposed revisions, as IMO they are a step
backwards: they "standardize" an approach that will create problems
that don't need to exist, and don't exist now.  Martin's proposal is
an improvement on the status quo, Marc's proposal is a dis-improvement.