Question to python C API

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at
Thu Apr 16 17:49:35 CEST 2009

Andreas Otto wrote:
>  I want to make a language binding for an existing C library
>   is this possible ?

Quoting the third paragraph on Cython's homepage (i.e. the link I posted):

This makes Cython the ideal language for wrapping external C libraries, and
for fast C modules that speed up the execution of Python code.

If you want a fast wrapper module that is easy to write and maintain, while
having all the freedom to design the Python-level API the way you want, I
don't think there is any better way than Cython.