Is there a programming language that is combination of Python and Basic?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:01:29 EDT 2009

baykus wrote:
> I am looking for one of those experimental languages that might be
> combination of python+basic. Now thta sounds weird and awkward I know.
> The reason I am asking is that I always liked how I could reference-
> call certain line number back in the days. It would be interesting to
> get similar functionality in Python.

*No one* in the BASIC world uses line numbers anymore.  Why would you
want to?

If you just want basic, get freebasic from freebasic.net

Personally I can't see any reason to use any dialect of BASIC over
Python.  If you pine for the bad old days of jumping to random line
numbers, maybe just create a list of function objects in python (a call
table) and call a random one.