Is there a programming language that is combination of Python and Basic?

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at
Sat Apr 18 13:39:23 CEST 2009

I first started programming basic and i don't think it has hurt me much.

I can somewhat sympathise with the op, neither python nor any other
mainstream language can still do this:

PSET 160,100,255

2009/4/17, Leguia, Tony <leguiato at>:
> Though I don't know why you would want to reference lines numbers, I assume
> it's for goto statements or something similar.
> With that said please read:
> 1)
> I would also like to put forth my opinion, shared by many in the community,
> that Basic is actually dangerous as an educational programming language, and
> that writing
> large professional code in it is hard, and actually hampered by the
> language. I'm not trying to to start a flame war here but this post almost
> made me cry.
> Also python is functional, it's so powerful. Grow and learn to take
> advantage of that. Why hold yourself back?

mvh Björn