Too early implementation

stephane.bisinger at gmail.com stephane.bisinger at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 10:07:47 EDT 2009

On Apr 18, 12:48 pm, Filip Gruszczyński <grusz... at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, do you know some good methods to prevent myself from just starting
> coding (which I like very much) and do some thinking about the problem
> (which I like a little less ;-))?

Well you know, the thing is that according to Pike & Kernighan in "The
Practice of Programming", your first implementation of a program
should be scrapped and rewritten from scratch, so your approach might
not be that wrong after all.
The trouble is that if you overthink your code, you'll end up losing
interest in the project and write bloated code that may be too generic
for what you need. So either way there can be trouble, although it is
right to try to balance yourself in between these two extremes...