Condition.wait(0.5) doesn't respect it's timeout

Aahz aahz at
Sat Apr 18 15:05:47 CEST 2009

In article <1eb44e98-3f32-42b3-92f8-1e635428cb6a at>,
 <stephane.bisinger at> wrote:
>I have a problem with Condition.wait(), it doesn't return after the
>given timeout. The thing is that if I try to create a simple program,
>it works as expected, but in the actual code, the timeout is not
>respected (albeit the notify()s work as expected).

Whether or not there's a bug, you likely will simplify your code if you
switch to using a Queue().
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

until you hire an amateur."  --Red Adair