Too early implementation

Filip Gruszczyński gruszczy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 12:54:35 EDT 2009

Yep, I have heard a lot about test driven development. I am now
programming a lot using DJango and I would like to use its test
framework to try it. However, I have little experience with this (as
most people I know). I also have no idea, how to apply this, when I
write code heavily focused on user interface.

I thought, that prototyping is cool, especially with python, where you
can create something functional pretty quickly. But recently I was met
with a situation, when after writing 1k lines of prototype and then
writing main program > 3k lines I noticed, that there is something
really wrong with the design. It was then, that I started wondering:
maybe I should first prepare some good design documents, I don't know
some SAD or something.

--
Filip Gruszczyński