Is there a programming language that is combination of Python and Basic?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sat Apr 18 12:58:09 EDT 2009

>> SCREEN 13
>> PSET 160,100,255
>
> Maybe, maybe not. What on earth does it do?

I believe this attempts to set screen-mode 13 (I'm surprised this
isn't a hex constant, though that may be a (Q)Basic quirk), which
for older VGA cards was 320x200 with 256-colors.  It then looks
like it sets a point at (160,100 = the middle of the screen) in
color #255.

Ah, back in the days where each application had to maintain the
screen itself, and you had to use hacks to get square pixels (the
320x200 in this mode had a non-square aspect-ratio) in Mode-X.
Can't say I miss it much beyond nostalgia.

-tkc