Is there a programming language that is combination of Python and Basic?

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sat Apr 18 18:49:05 EDT 2009

baykus wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am looking for one of those experimental languages that might be
> combination of python+basic. Now thta sounds weird and awkward I know.
> The reason I am asking is that I always liked how I could reference-
> call certain line number back in the days. It would be interesting to
> get similar functionality in Python.

Apart from the fact that there are basic dialects w/o linenumbers
as all, what would it buy you? Keep in mind that if you edit blocks,
linenumbers can shift (or you end up starting with 10 spaced numbering
and then put lines inbetween).

Anyway, do you have any example of what you would do in such a
hypothetical language?

Tino.