Useful MySQL Routines

Sun Apr 19 07:16:51 EDT 2009

In message <mailman.4148.1240135989.11746.python-list at python.org>, Tino
Wildenhain wrote:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> I've done a writeup on some of the basic routines I frequently use here
>> <http://codecodex.com/wiki/index.php?title=Useful_MySQL_Routines>.
>
> Why is that specific to mysql?

Because that's all I've used so far. Though sqlite looks interesting for
single-user stuff...

> Btw, the bulkinserter could be better done by using executemany
> and select usefull batch sizes.

Hmm, I've never bothered with executemany. The code as written copes
comfortably with 10,000 records or so.

> If you allow query construnction
> better don't forget appropriate quoting of table- and column names
> too to be on the safe side.

Hmm, I never worried about that, because I was I tried to be careful in the
names I chose. And I've never allowed object names to come from user input
:).

Besides, how do you deal with characters that are still illegal when quoted
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/identifiers.html>?