send() to a generator in a "for" loop with continue(val)??

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Apr 19 09:10:27 EDT 2009

In article <gsetb1$jop$03$1 at news.t-online.com>,
Peter Otten  <__peter__ at web.de> wrote:

>Generators at the moment seem to have turned into what in German we call
>an "eierlegende Wollmilchsau"*.

One more point: there has always been a tension within the Python
community between people pushing the bleeding edge and people who prefer
to keep things simple.  Unfortunately, the former group tends to be much
more active.  :-(  There really needs to be a solid core of people who
are fundamentally conservative.  I like to think that I'm one of them
(and probably so do many other people in the python-dev community), but
each of us has our own hobby horses that we like to push, and none of us
keeps completely on top of everything.

until you hire an amateur."  --Red Adair