Python interpreter speed

Krishnakant hackingkk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 12:19:25 EDT 2009

I don't mean to start a flame war, but a productive debate will be
wonderful.  I have been writing heavy applications in java for a few
years untill recent past.
My experience is that python is not just fast but also zippy and smooth
when it comes to running the applications.

Infact I have a couple of softwares which were re coded in python for
this very reason.  So I would like to know real facts on this arguement.

Let me mention that out of these 2 apps one is a distributed application
with an rpc layer and other is a normal back and front end database
driven software.  both have heavy load on them and do a lot of number
crunching and complex calculations.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.