Is there a programming language that is combination of PythonandBasic?

Rhodri James rhodri at wildebst.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 20 22:52:26 EDT 2009

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 19:25:25 +0100, Scott David Daniels
<Scott.Daniels at acm.org> wrote:

> Chris Jones wrote:
>> Intellectually, assembler programming is the less demanding since its
>> level of abstraction does not go any further than mapping a few binary
>> numbers to a small set of usually well-chosen mnemonics.  Unless it
>> features a powerful macro-language that lets the apprentice
>> create his own high-level patois on top of the assembler, that is.
>
> No, I've dealt with an assembler named 'SLOE' that had an elaborate
> mechanism for laying out code in memory in a way that the CPU would
> be happy with.  Between that and the instruction prefect, the thing
> was famously called "immune to programming."

Similarly, TI's DSP products come with a very competant "linear
assembler" that puts you at one remove from the actual assembly
language.  This allows it to re-order your code to take advantage of
sets of instructions that can be executed in parallel, shield you
 from the fact that the results of some instructions take several
cycles to arrive, and do some wonderfully bizarre loop optimisations.
I have written hand-optimised assembly for those chips, but it's
not for the faint of heart.