ANN: PyGUI 2.0.4

Kent Johnson kent37 at
Tue Apr 21 16:12:15 CEST 2009

On Apr 21, 8:05 am, Greg Ewing <greg.ew... at> wrote:
> PyGUI 2.0.4 is available:
> Fixes a few more bugs and hopefully improves things
> on Windows, although I can't be sure it will fix all
> the Windows problems people are having, because I
> haven't been able to reproduce some of them.

There is still a problem with unhandled WM_MOUSELEAVE events on WinXP/
Python 2.5. For example,
- run
- add a blob
- quit the app; the "Save Changes" dialog appears
- mouse over one of the buttons, then off the button to get this

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Downloads\PyGUI-2.0.4\GUI\Win32\", line 208,
in _win_event_message
    event = win_message_to_event(message, self)
  File "C:\Downloads\PyGUI-2.0.4\GUI\Win32\", line 65, in
    kind, button = win_message_map[msg]
KeyError: 675

Adding this line to win_message_map in GUI/Win32/ seems to
fix it:
    wc.WM_MOUSELEAVE:     ('mouse_leave', None),