python in Emacs (windows)

Mark Zweers zweers.mark at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 03:52:22 EDT 2009

Hi!

I'm trying to run python from within Emacs. This is in my .emacs file :

(setq auto-mode-alist ; trigger python mode automatically
       (cons '("\\.py$" . python-mode) auto-mode-alist))
(setq interpreter-mode-alist
       (cons '("python" . python-mode)
        interpreter-mode-alist))
(autoload 'python-mode "python-mode" "Python editing mode." t)

, but I got this message :

"Searching for program: no such file or directory, python"

So I've added the following line :

(setq py-python-command '("C:/Program Files/Python"))

This is the path where my 'python.exe' is located. But then this message
occurs:

Using the CPython shell
let: Wrong type argument: integerp, "C:/Program Files/Python"

Could anyone tell me how to solve this? Thanks a lot in advance!

Mark