python command not working

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Apr 22 03:59:11 EDT 2009

83nini <83nini at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm new to python, i downloaded version 2.5

What exactly did you download? Give us the URL to the file if possible.

> opened windows (vista) command line and wrote "python"

The Python interpreter and libraries, like any other application, needs
to be installed into your system before you can start using it properly.
If you only downloaded it, then it's just bits in a file, nothing more.
Did you run the installer?

--
 \             “If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the |
  `\                                      precipitate.” —Steven Wright |