can't find the right simplification

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 19:10:06 EDT 2009

hello,

I've a program where you can connect snippets of code (which I call a
"Brick") together to create a program.
To make it easier to create these code snippets, I need some
simplifications.
For simple parameters ( integer, tupple, list etc)  this works ok,
and is done like this:

class _Simple_Par ( object ) :
    """
    Class to make it more easy to set a Bricks.Par from a control.
    So instead of :
      self.Brick.Par [ self.EP[0] ] = Some_Value
    you can write
      self.P[0] = Some_Value
    """
    def __init__ ( self, control ) :
        self.Control = control
    def __setitem__ ( self, index, value ) :
        i = self.Control.EP [ index ]
        if i :
            self.Control.Brick.Par [ i ] = value

Now I want a similar simplification for the case that Par is a dictionary:
So instead of writing:
      self.Brick.Par [ self.EP[0] ] [ 'Filename' ] = Some_Value

I would like to write:
      self.P[0] [ 'Filename' ] = Some_Value

But I can't figure out how to accomplish that ?

Any suggestions ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki