authentication example with urllib.request

Marco Bizzarri marco.bizzarri at
Sat Apr 25 18:44:20 CEST 2009

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 8:09 AM, larryzhang <zhangle2002 at> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am trying to download data from a website that requires
> authentication (maybe with cookies). Any suggestions on how i can do
> this with the urllib.request module in py3? Where can I can find some
> working examples? Thanks a lot.
> Larry
> --

Hi, Larry.

Did you get a look at library documentation? If you take a look at, FancyURLOpener
could do the job for you... (once you subclass it, and redefine the
promp_user_password method).

Marco Bizzarri