mailbox.mbox.add() sets access time as well as modification time

Sun Apr 26 02:11:04 CEST 2009

In message <49f33d8d$0$516$bed64819 at>, tinnews at

> mbox has several advantages over maildir (for me anyway):-
>     It allows easy removal of empty mailboxes (in my case by the MUA)

Really? I just created a "junk" mail folder via my IMAP server using
Thunderbird, and was able to delete it the same way. Or did you mean
something else?

>     It's much easier to search

Thunderbird seems to search maildir files just fine.

>     It's easier to move things around

Actually, no. Maildir makes it easier--no need to worry about locking, so it
works reliably even on network volumes.

>     It doesn't have silly ways of delimiting directories as do some
>     maildir implementations.

What do you mean?