How to import modules from specific Python installation?

Dave Angel davea at
Sun Apr 26 23:51:01 CEST 2009

kk wrote:
> Hi
> I know there is a way to import from different Python installation but
> I could not find the answer.  I have Python 2.6 and 2.5
> thanks
There's always the question of whether it's a good idea.  My opinion is
that if you want to use python source files from another version, you
should *copy* them into your present version's syspath, and import them
as a 3rd party site-package.  So it's a question of putting it in the
site-packages directory and adding a file.

Alternatively, you can modify the sys.path, import it, then restore the
sys.path.  With that hack, you can do anything.