Cannot find text in *.py files with Windows Explorer?

John Doe jdoe at usenetlove.invalid
Mon Apr 27 14:36:37 EDT 2009

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> John Doe wrote:
>> John Doe <jdoe at usenetlove.invalid> wrote:

>>> Another file manager, FreeCommander, does find text in Python
>>> files.
>>
>> However... It does not have Undo! Potentially risky.
>
> Undo is an editor function.  I do not believe Windows Explore has
> Undo either.

Besides Undo... editing functions like copy, paste, and move are all
included in a file manager. You might not need that (Undo) safety
feature... then again, some users think they do not need to keep a
removable media backup copy of important files from their hard drive
either.

Undo and other editing functions are part of a file manager. And Yes,
Windows Explorer does include Undo. A file manager is too powerful to
be without Undo, unless maybe it prompts the user every time
files/folders are moved or deleted.

Many have complained, but for some reason the author of FreeCommander
does not care about that.

--
Interested in making Windows and games obey your verbal commands?
Continuous command recognition (much easier than speech recognition)