OT: a metacomment on feedback comments

Aaron Watters aaron.watters at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:09:34 EDT 2009

Regarding feedback about
WHIFF -- WSGI/HTTP Integrated Filesystems Frames

On Apr 23, 3:43 pm, Aaron Watters <aaron.watt... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 11:54 am, Johannes Bauer <dfnsonfsdu... at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > ....To sum it up, I think it's a neat idea, but it's not really intuitive.
> > After being quite startled at first it got better after I read the "why
> > it's cool" page.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to check it out and comment, Johannes.
> I think you bring up a very good point --
> some of directive names are confusing.

In retrospect the names were more than confusing.  They were
simply awful.   Thanks to Johannes, Drew and others I decided
to rename the directives:

    "use-url" becomes "include",
    "use-section" becomes "use",
    "bind-section" becomes "reuse",
    "bind-url" becomes "use-include",
    "section" becomes "using",
    "parameter" becomes "require"

These names are much less stupid (except for
use-include, but I couldn't come up with anything
better...).

Thanks Johannes and Drew!  There is a new release
with the new directive names linked from

  http://whiff.sourceforge.net

(What was I thinking?)

   -- Aaron Watters

===