Connecting/talking to OpenOffice Base files

Krishnakant hackingkk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 08:39:52 EDT 2009

hi,
On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 05:24 -0700, deostroll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if the python interpretor can talk to files with
> extension *.odb (OpenOffice Base files). They are like flat database
> files, similar to Microsoft Access files. I want to store data into
> them as well as extract data out of them.

This is done either  using ooolib if you want to do some simple read and
write tasks or then use odfpy which is a complete library.

I had asked the same question a few months back and come from the same
path you are coming.

But odfpy was initially difficult for me and would take a while to
understand.
It is a kind of wrapper around the xml structure of an odf document.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.