mailbox.mbox.add() sets access time as well as modification time

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid
Tue Apr 28 15:26:49 CEST 2009

On 2009-04-27, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:

>> Who's "we"?  Are you volunteering to fix all of the MUAs and
>> MTAs out there that have mbox code in them that do follow the
>> rules to make them compatible with _one_ broken library
>> module?
> All the MUAs and MTAs I'm aware of that are worth bothering
> about have the option to support maildir format these days.

That sure seems like a rather unhelpful response when somebody
finds a bug in the standard library:

 1) Don't use that module.
 2) Change the rest of the world to work around Python's bug.

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I've got an IDEA!!
                                  at               Why don't I STARE at you
                                 so HARD, you forget your
                                                   SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER!!