Third Party Modules

tuxagb alessiogiovanni.baroni at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 11:24:29 EDT 2009

On 28 Apr, 17:02, Brock <btibe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I know this is most likely a basic question and you will roll your
> eyes, but I am just starting out with Python (hobbyist) and I see many
> tutorials on the web referring to the use of external modules.
>
> However, when I locate them, they often come as a zipped folder with a
> number of files.  How do I install them?  In addition, is there an
> easy way to manage external modules? Some I see require additional
> modules not included.
>
> Where I am coming from is R, which has a point-and-click way of
> getting packages not distributed with the version of the software, so
> that is my point of reference.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> - Brock

If you are on Unix-like machine, unzip the archive in a some
directory, do cd into the new directory
and, from command line, do: python ./setup.py build (verify there is
the script setup.py), and then
python ./setup.py install (with root's permissions). On Win32 usually
there are an automatic  installer.

Hi.