What do you think of ShowMeDo

Banibrata Dutta banibrata.dutta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 01:48:41 EDT 2009

Personally, I faced some despair with a large number of the free
ShowMeDo tutorials, example the one on WxPython, where for the first 4
free tutorials, the tutor hardly progresses to any bit of programming,
and what is demonstrated was too basic, too slow - to hold my
attention.

As a concept, I like it, and given the names and topics covered, I am
hopeful the paid content is better. Last when I visited the site, they
had a trial period running with reduced pricing, and some reasonable
refund policy. If the refund policy is still in place, you might like
to check out the premium content for it's quality and relevance. Would
appreciate if you could share back your feedback.

BTW, there is some good content from Google developer community, over
at YouTube... i.e. video + ppt interleaved, quite professionally done.
You might like to check them out.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Astley Le Jasper
<Astley.lejasper at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just stumbled over this (http://showmedo.com/) and being the very
> visual person I am, it seems like it could be a good way to learn
> about python. However, before I smack down $60, I wondered if anyone
> had any opinions on it. My gut feel is that it could be pretty good.
>
> ALJ
> --

regards,
Banibrata