What do you think of ShowMeDo

Jeremiah Dodds jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 05:24:01 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 6:48 AM, Banibrata Dutta
<banibrata.dutta at gmail.com>wrote:

> Personally, I faced some despair with a large number of the free
> ShowMeDo tutorials, example the one on WxPython, where for the first 4
> free tutorials, the tutor hardly progresses to any bit of programming,
> and what is demonstrated was too basic, too slow - to hold my
> attention.

I must agree here. I'll add that the vast majority of video tutorials or
lectures that I've seen are way too slow to hold my interest, with the
exception of google tech talks, and stuff like OCW from MIT. (These are at
http://research.google.com/video.html and
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/home/home/index.htm respectively).

However, I do really like the idea of showmedo, especially for people who
like learning through not-so-dense video on the introductory level. I
haven't been incredibly impressed with the quality of the free stuff there
either, but I also haven't looked at any of the paid stuff. I don't think
that it's safe to assume that it's of a substantially higher quality.