Tools for web applications

Daniel Fetchinson fetchinson at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 29 12:55:14 EDT 2009

>>> What easyToLearn tools you suggest for creating: 1. powerfull web
>>> applications
>>
>> Have a look at http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks
>>
>> You will find that there are many options each with its own fan crowd
>> emphasizing the advantages and downplaying the disadvantages of their
>> favorite framework. You will pretty much have to decide for yourself
>> which suits you best. I'm personally very happy with turbogears.
>>
>>> 2. desktop applications
>>
>> Dabo is a desktop application framework: http://dabodev.com/ Or you
>> perhaps mean a GUI framework? Have a look at
>> http://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiProgramming The same comments as above
>> apply, you need to detail your requirements before an informed advice
>> can be given.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>
> And what IDE you suggest ?

I use vi, I like it much more than any IDE (or is vi an IDE?). Your
needs might be different though. I'd suggest using something you are
already familiar with, most IDEs work with different languages so if
you used one already chances are it will understand python too.

This will give you a good start: http://docs.python.org/tutorial/index.html
And also this: http://diveintopython.org/

> My field of interest is a small business applications (desktop and
> web), so that I have a practical tool for practical use of accounting and
> financial methods.

Well, pretty much any modern dynamical language will be suitable for
what you describe. I would personally recommend python but that
doesn't mean ruby or anything else can't do the job, you have to
decide which language "feels" right for you.

Cheers,
Daniel