Would you support adding UNC support to os.path on Windows?

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Wed Apr 29 16:01:36 EDT 2009

norseman wrote:
> "...This patch changes "ntpath" ..."    changing or adding to such a
> module which is OS specific is fine with me.
> [...]
> To point it bluntly:  How does one use "F:" in Linux in the identical
> fashion as a MicroSoft OS?

Sorry, I assumed this was common knowledge: os.path is implemented by
different modules depending on what operating system you're using.  On
Windows it uses "ntpath", on OS2 it may use "os2emxpath" or "ntpath"
depending, and on all other platforms it uses "posixpath".  My patch
adds UNC path support to "ntpath"; it does not modify the other "path"
implementations.

And sorry for the late reply,

/larry/