What do you think of ShowMeDo

Bret Fledderjohn freelancer317 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 21:01:38 EDT 2009

2009/4/29 David Robinow <drobinow at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 9:29 AM,  <kyran at showmedo.com> wrote:
> > To reiterate, I responded to this thread because I think Ben's posting
> > gave an unfair impression of the site and i felt the need to address
> > some misconceptions. I am sorry you failed to find the videos, but
> > many tens of thousands are found every week and I really haven't heard
> > of anyone failing to find their way to the content. In this sense I
> > think you are exceptional.
> Count me as one who couldn't find his way. I'm not usually very
> sympathetic to whining about Gui's that aren't perfect, but this one
> is beyond my ability to traverse.
> I'd really like to view some of the content. I have no concern about
> the licensing; I have no intent to redistribute. Why do you make it so
> difficult?
> How about an ftp site with a directory of videos? That I could understand.

Not sure why navigation has been a problem, I was able to follow it.  A bit
too many choices to get to the same place in round about ways, but I was
able to navigate it.  This thread has piqued my interest, so having done no
real GUI programming in Python, I am going to try out Kyran's wxPython
tutorial.

--
- Bret