telnetlib in python-3.0

Jack Diederich jackdied at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 02:10:58 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:31 PM,  <rowland at river2sea.org> wrote:
> Is anyone using telnetlib in python-3.0?  If so are you having any
> success?  Using the example at the bottom of the telnetlib doc page I
> cannot seem to get any joy at all.  I can make a connection, but write
> (command) seems to do nothing.

3.0 had some bugs in telnet negotiation (sub channel stuff).  I don't
know that it had other issues.   It didn't have many unit tests before
the current 2.7/3.1 trunks so I can't say much more, definitively.
The non-negotiation tests did pass on 3.1 trunk, IIRC.

If you can reproduce the behavior in a testable snippet please submit
a bug and assign it to me on bugs.python.org (jackdied on the bug
tracker).

-Jack