iterate lines with regex

Michael Savarese geomajor56 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 15:39:12 EDT 2009

I'm a python newbie and I'm trying to test several regular expressions on
the same line before moving on to next line.
it seems to move on to next line before trying all regular expressions which
is my goal.
it only returns true for first regular expression
does the curser have to be rest to beginning of line? If so, how would I do
that.
remember I'm new
thanks in advance to any advice
Mike S.

the following is part of my code,
readThis=open('c:/9320.txt','r')

for line in readThis:
    try:
        thisKey = key.search(line).group(1)
        thisMap = map.search(line).group(1)
        thisParcel = parcel.search(line).group(1)
    except:
        continue