JavaScript toolkits (was Re: ANN: Porcupine Web Application Server 0.6 is released!)

lkcl luke.leighton at
Sat Aug 1 20:11:02 CEST 2009

On Jul 21, 12:55 pm, Paul Boddie <p... at> wrote:
> On 20 Jul, 18:00, a... at (Aahz) wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, are there anyJavaScripttoolkits that generate code
> > that degrades gracefully whenJavaScriptis disabled?
> You mean "Web toolkits which useJavaScript", I presume. I have
> written (and use myself) a toolkit/framework called XSLForms (part of
> the XSLTools distribution) which supports in-page updates (AJAX,
> effectively) that degrade to vanilla whole-page requests ifJavaScript
> is switched off:

 yeahhh.... i remember doing something like that.  each portion of the
page i did as a separate AJAX load, and then there was some loader-
infrastructure where you could, if javascript was switched off, do a
tree-walk-reconstruction of the page.

 if anyone's interested i can provide source code.