Printing with colors in a portable way

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 03:07:39 EDT 2009

On Aug 2, 9:52 pm, a... at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:
[snip]
> Much as I hate to say, use a cross-platform GUI -- Tkinter comes with
> Python,
[snip]

Why is Tkinter such a whipping boy of the Python community? I know
it's very simple and does not have all the bells and whistles of wx,
but i think the gentle learning curve is very important for those
struggling to learn GUI's. Even today I always use Tkinter first, and
then only reach for wx when absolutely necessary. Seems to me the
relativity small footprint(GUI wise) compared to the payoffs are worth
the inclusion. I think if Tkinter where ever removed from Python it
would be not only a disservice to the language but also a detriment to
the *new* users of the language.

Just my humble opinion