Problem in Installing PyGreSQL

Philip Semanchuk philip at semanchuk.com
Tue Aug 4 09:34:17 EDT 2009

On Aug 4, 2009, at 8:25 AM, Thangappan.M wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> While installing PyGreSQl module in my machine I got the error as
> pg_config
> command not found.
> I am not a super user.
> how can I install this pg_config tool.

Thangappan,
pg_config is part of PostgreSQL. It reports various pieces of
information about the Postgres installation, like the BINDIR,
INCLUDEDIR, compile flags, version etc. If PostgreSQL is installed on
your machine, then I'll bet that pg_config is also installed, but it
isn't on your path so the PyGreSQl installer can't find it.

When you're having trouble installing a specific package like
PyGreSQl, you'll probably get better answers by posting your questions
to a specific mailing list: