How to fetch an XML file using an HTTPS query

Ido Levy IDOL at
Wed Aug 5 06:24:48 CEST 2009

Hi Tycho,

Thank you for your advice.

My problem was in the query itself, I replaced every space character with
'%20' and it works.
You are right, the Python code below does do the work.

Tycho Andersen <tycho at>
python-list at
04/08/2009 04:42 PM
Re: How to fetch an XML file using an HTTPS query

Blah, forgot to include the list. When is python-list going to get