Problem in installing PyGreSQL

Thangappan.M thangappan143 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 06:30:15 EDT 2009

I have downloaded the  psycopg2 tar file from the following link.
http://initd.org/tracker/psycopg

I have done the following things.
         * Extracting the files from the tar file
         * tried to execute python ./setup.py build

It gives the following error.

#python ./setup.py build

running build
running build_py
running build_ext
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./setup.py", line 410, in ?
    ext_modules=ext)
  File "distutils/core.py", line 149, in setup
  File "distutils/dist.py", line 946, in run_commands
  File "distutils/dist.py", line 966, in run_command
  File "distutils/command/build.py", line 112, in run
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/cmd.py", line 333, in run_command
    del help[cmd]
  File "distutils/dist.py", line 965, in run_command
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/cmd.py", line 117, in ensure_finalized
    pass
  File "./setup.py", line 219, in finalize_options
    except (Warning, w):
NameError: global name 'w' is not defined

What would be the solution?
Otherwise can you tell how to install DB-API in debian machine.

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com>wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:55:47 -0400, "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy at druid.net>
>

> > By the way, you don't have to be super user to install PyGreSQL.  You
> > just need SU if you want to install it system wide.  PyGreSQL doesn't
> > require any special privileges to run.
> >
>         Potentially silly question:
>
>        While the DB-API module may be installable in a user mode... Do we
> know if the original querant even has PostgreSQL running and accessible?
>
> The statement
>
> OP> I want to access the database related stuffs in python.So I found
> the
> OP> PyGreSQL module in net.
>
> doesn't leave me with any confidence that they realize this is just an
> access module for one specific server -- and that they still need a
> server to which they can connect.
>
>        If they don't have a PostgreSQL server, it may be better just to
> direct them to SQLite3...
> --
>        Wulfraed        Dennis Lee Bieber               KD6MOG
>        wlfraed at ix.netcom.com           wulfraed at bestiaria.com
>                HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
>        (Bestiaria Support Staff:               web-asst at bestiaria.com)
>                HTTP://www.bestiaria.com/