Problem in installing PyGreSQL

Thangappan.M thangappan143 at
Thu Aug 6 12:30:15 CEST 2009

I have downloaded the  psycopg2 tar file from the following link.

I have done the following things.
         * Extracting the files from the tar file
         * tried to execute python ./ build

It gives the following error.

#python ./ build

running build
running build_py
running build_ext
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./", line 410, in ?
  File "distutils/", line 149, in setup
  File "distutils/", line 946, in run_commands
  File "distutils/", line 966, in run_command
  File "distutils/command/", line 112, in run
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/", line 333, in run_command
    del help[cmd]
  File "distutils/", line 965, in run_command
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/", line 117, in ensure_finalized
  File "./", line 219, in finalize_options
    except (Warning, w):
NameError: global name 'w' is not defined

What would be the solution?
Otherwise can you tell how to install DB-API in debian machine.