Python docs disappointing - group effort to hire writers?

Paul Rubin http
Thu Aug 6 12:20:33 EDT 2009

alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com> writes:
> No offence, but the last thing the official documentation needs is
> example code written by people learning how to code. Suggest changes,
> request clarifications, submit samples for review, sure, but direct
> modification by users? I've seen the PHP docs; thanks but no thanks.

The PHP docs as I remember are sort of regular (non-publically
editable) doc pages, each of which has a public discussion thread
where people can post questions and answers about the topic of that
doc page.  I thought it worked really well.  The main thing is that
the good stuff from the comment section gets folded into the actual
doc now and then.

There is something similar with the PostgreSQL docs.  There is also
Real World Haskell (http://book.realworld.haskell.org) which has a lot
of interspersed user comments.  It would be cool if Python's doc site
did something like it too.