one method of COM object needs a variant type variable

MICHÁLEK Jan Mgr. Michalek.Jan at
Fri Aug 7 09:21:03 CEST 2009

Thanks Gabriel,
I seen this before, but I don't know, what's mean 'compatible object'. I need create object who will like as an variant type.
it looks lieke this:
obj=win32com.client.Dispatch('Geomedia.PointGeometry') #geometry object
gss=win32com.client.Dispatch('Geomedia.GeometryStorageService')#geometry strorage object
gss.GeometryToStorage(obj, out) #out must be a variant type variable
oRS.Fields("Geometry").Value = out # writing blob into recordset via ADO
En Thu, 06 Aug 2009 09:37:55 -0300, MICHÁLEK Jan Mgr.

<Michalek.Jan at <> > escribió:

> How i can use this type in One method of com object (geomedia

> storage service) needs this variable for storage geometry of geometry

> object (this variable will be writen into blob in DB). Is possible make

> this variable in py??

Any compatible object may be used on the Python side, the pywin32 library

manages the conversion automatically.

Gabriel Genellina