unicode() vs. s.decode()

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Sat Aug 8 08:19:44 EDT 2009

* alex23 (Fri, 7 Aug 2009 10:45:29 -0700 (PDT))
> garabik-news-2005... at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk wrote:
> > I am not sure I understood that. Must be my English :-)
>
> I just parsed it as "blah blah blah I won't admit I'm wrong" and
> didn't miss anything substantive.

Alex, there are still a number of performance optimizations that require
a thorough optimizer like you. Like using short identifiers instead of
long ones. I guess you could easily prove that by comparing "a = 0" to
"a_long_identifier = 0" and running it one hundred trillion times. The
performance gain could easily add up to *days*. Keep us updated.

Thorsten