www.python.org website is down?

the hatter hatbabe at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 12:57:32 EDT 2009

> A.M. Kuchling said:
>
> """
> Bothwww.python.organd svn.python.org are down.  They're hosted on
> the same machine, and it seems to have run into disk problems and
> hasn't rebooted even after power-cycling.  Thomas Wouters will be
> visiting the machine physically tomorrow to try to diagnose the
> problem.
>
> (The machine also hosts planet.python.org and hg.python.org.)
> """

I was hoping to find an official mirror to grab source from when I
couldn't connect, but all i found were notices saying the python board
had decided they didn't want any ?  Seems a bit short-sighted if the
main site isn't some kind of fairly bulletproof, diverse/redundant/
intrinsically mirroring setup.

the hatter