install tarball package Python on Debian, necessary modules not found

garabik-news-2005-05 at garabik-news-2005-05 at
Mon Aug 10 11:43:08 CEST 2009

Frédéric Léger <frederic.leger at> wrote:

> I use Debian Lenny and I tried to install the tarball packaging of the
> lastest python realease (, release
> 3.1). After read README file I launch standard Makefile commands. But
> at the end of "make" command, I have got this message:

Maybe you know, but there is python3.1 deb in experimental. Works with
testing like a charm. It is also possible to install ubuntu's 3.X into

| Radovan Garabík |