help with threads

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Aug 10 18:02:00 EDT 2009

In article <5a744bd6-6b9a-4f46-97c1-bb7fd65b8f4c at l5g2000pra.googlegroups.com>,
Michael Mossey  <michaelmossey at gmail.com> wrote:

>I have a simple application that needs one thread to manage networking
>in addition to the main "thread" that does the main job. It's not
>working right. I know hardly anything about threads, so I was hoping
>someone could point me in the right direction to research this.

You might also consider the multiprocessing module.

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz