Python docs disappointing - group effort to hire writers?

Raymond Hettinger python at
Tue Aug 11 20:43:29 CEST 2009

[Paul Rubin]
> I think the Python tutorial is aimed at users who are newbies to
> Python but not newbies to programming.  Writing a tutorial for total
> newbies is a completely different problem, that would result in a much
> different document that's less useful to the existing tutorial's
> intended audience.

There is more than one right answer to "what is the best tutorial
for different people".  The website lists a number
of tutorials.  Here is the page specifically marked for those
who are new to programming: