getting a "simple" program to work

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Wed Aug 12 00:46:49 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 8:42 PM, John Haggerty<bouncyinc at gmail.com> wrote:
> ok so I know this is one of those "weird" requests but here me out.
> So far I have an issue with a package for python called "libgmail" which is
> basically a gmail interface for python to send messages remoetly.
> Works ok except that the 'sendMessage' routine is bad.

How is it "bad" precisely? Be specific (e.g. error message(s),
description of observed incorrect behavior).

> This is included in the above attachment
> it's used in a program called "ogss" which is an sms interface to gmail to
> basically read gmail and then have a command done on a remote machine and
> then spat out on the local machine to a log file that's opened and then
> emailed back
> problem is that the sending back routine fails.

Which routine is that exactly? Please also specify exactly how it is
failing (e.g. error message(s), description of observed incorrect
behavior).

I apologize if these questions are answered in comments in the
attachments, but to be honest, the fact that you didn't (or couldn't)
put the specific problematic sections of code (and/or error messages)
inline in your message makes it less likely that people (such as
myself) will try to help you due to the volume of code you're making
people wade through (i.e. people tend not to read large code dumps,
/especially/ in attachments).

Cheers,
Chris
--